المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Notre Dame QB Everett Golson no longer in school

BECKHAM
26-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Everett Golson, Notre Dame's starting quarterback, is no longer in school, a university official confirmed to USA TODAY Sports late Saturday night.
Dennis Brown, assistant vice president for public information and communications said in an email: "Everett is not enrolled at Notre Dame. Federal law and our own policies preclude us from discussing specifics."
He declined to answer further questions, including whether coach Brian Kelly would have a statement. Brown also would not answer whether Golson could return to school in the fall or anytime in the future.
Michael Bertsch, an athletics department spokesman, told USA TODAY Sports that Golson finished the spring semester, but he would not speak to any specifics about what caused the quarterback to leave.
According to the school website, exams for the spring semester ended May 14.
Messages left with Golson's mother and his high school coach were not immediately returned.
The story was first reported by WNDU-TV in South Bend and the South Bend Tribune newspaper.
In 2012, Golson led Notre Dame to an unbeaten regular season and the national championship game, where the Irish lost to Alabama 42-14.
Golson's departure likely leaves Tommy Rees as the starting quarterback. Rees, a rising senior, spelled Golson several times last season.
Golson started 11 of 12 games, completing 58.8% of his passes for 2,405 yards and 12 touchdowns with six interceptions. Rees played in all 12 games, starting twice.
In the spring game last month, Golson went 6-for-13 for 98 yards and an interception. He was sacked three times. According to the Associated Press, he was not pleased with the performance of the offense, saying, "I know for my part there were a lot of plays there I was missing."
125 TO 1 RANKINGS: DISSECTING EACH TEAM